Eine kleine nail art

7:45 PM Laura 0 Comments

So I was trying to think of a clever title for this post, since it's not just a swatch, and since it has to do with music, I thought of "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" by Mozart, which means "a little bit of night music" and voila! The title was born.

So for this design, I used Sally Hansen Insta Dri Whirlwind White for the base, then I put China Glaze Ghoulish Glow over it, and then I used a Kiss Nail Art Pen that Leslie sent me (thank you Leslie!) because I kept using a Sharpie to do nail art. I needed an intervention and she was kind enough to step in. That's what friends are for!






It's a little shaky, probably because I didn't leave enough time between the coats so it was a little thick and not totally dry, and because I was getting the hang of it. I had wanted to do piano nail art for a while but I had no stamping plates for it, so this pen came at just the right time! It's really handy and has a nice fine tip, and it flows pretty easily. The one thing I must warn you about is that it will rub off, so you need to put a topcoat on it to save your design.

Yes, it did glow in the dark, but unfortunately my camera was not sensitive enough to pick it up. :( It wasn't like super awesome glowing, but it was sweet nonetheless.

Anyway, I'm content with how these turned out but I'd like to try them again in the future. I really need to start doing nail art again, except since I lost the teensy brush I use for nail art all I have are the pens Leslie sent me (which are really great but I can't do anything in color since I've only got them in black and white) so I'll work on nail art as soon as I get my butt down to Hobby Lobby to buy some more brushes.

I'd love to hear your suggestions for nail art, too! Sometimes I have trouble finding inspiration so I'd like to hear your ideas.

0 comments:

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**