Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe

7:45 PM Laura 0 Comments

Today I have for you my First Official Holiday Manicure. Yes folks, you read that right: the holiday season has started (at least in my mind). I am READY for Christmas, y'all. I don't know if you know this (although that's a dumb question, how on earth would you know this?) but I LOVE the holidays. Once Halloween hits, I spend every spare minute thinking about the span of time between November 1st and January 2nd. I. Love. Festivity. I'm a super excitable person, so generally I get SUPER psyched up about Christmas around halfway through November, and I start listening to Christmas music and everyone is all burned out on Christmas spirit but I'm still going strong!

...aaaanyway, today's manicure starts with Orly Meet Me Under the Mistletoe.


I guess you could call this my First Official Backup (I like capitalization, can you tell?) since I bought a mini size of this but it was so beautiful that I didn't want to use it and I am still hoarding it to this day. That's why I never buy minis, because I literally cannot bring myself to use them.

SUPER gorgeous closeup guys




BEAUTIMOUS



2 coats. Meet Me Under the Mistletoe (that is how you do cute, clever names, OPI) is an evergreen polish full of shimmer flecks. It's also got a slight blueish tinge. It's super awesomely beautiful. The formula is okay, not awesome but not bleh.

Since I was in such a festive mood, I decided to do a little stamping to match my holiday mood.





My bottle of Milani Gold Lame (accent on the e, blah blah blah too lazy) is getting really thick, eugh. I need to thin that up. Anywho, that's what I used for the tips and the stamp, and I just used a toothpick to make the dots with Revlon Cherry. Easy peasy, and FESTIVE! Unfortunately, when I did this, the weather was being a major bummer and not matching my holiday cheer. It was warm. It's getting nice and chilly now, though! (and by chilly, I mean 50s/60s. Yep, that is defined as "chilly" down here in Houston.) I'll be honest, I'm not the hugest fan of cold weather, mostly because I don't really have the clothes for it since 90% of the time, it's HOT. But I definitely like the holiday mood it brings!

So have you had an Official Holiday Manicure yet? Any polishes that get you in the holiday mood? Do share!

0 comments:

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**