OPI Animal-istic

7:45 PM Laura 11 Comments

So the next Muppet polish I have is another red one. 

OPI Animal-istic

First, we have 2 coats of Animal-istic by itself.





Animal-istic is a beautiful orange-red polish jam packed with large shimmer. It's so bright and awesome, like a glittery sunset on my nails.

And then, since I know I am dropping the nail art ball bigtime here, I mustered up the energy to do some stamping.










Phew! I did have to redo the middle nail but luckily this stamp transferred pretty well. I just used Wet n Wild Black Creme for the stamping.

I have to say, I am really digging this. This is pretty darn smexy, y'all. All it takes is a little effort! I've let myself get lazy, but no more! I'll whip myself into shape, don't you worry.

Also to clarify, when I said that I was getting less comments lately, I didn't mean to sound accusatory. It's totally understandable, I've been kinda boring. I'm not really sure what's happening, I just can't think of anything to say. I don't want to quit blogging but I feel like I'm stuck in a rut. I don't want to bore you guys to death! I'm just bad at being funny when I feel like people expect me to be funny, ya know? It makes me nervous. But hopefully my mojo will miraculously return and I'll be spewing out more nonsensical weirdness in no time!

11 comments:

  1. Go read some Hyperbole and a Half, then come back.

    And your nails look like drapes. Drapes that I would so totally buy just to look at all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove this!!!

    I noticed I also haven't been getting like any comments lately either. I'm guessing it's the holidays and people are busy now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Nails, great job on them they look great<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stamp really makes it pop! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving this color combo! Your stamping is awesome! Don't worry-you're not boring me-I'm having a hard time coming up with good things to say as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving this mani!!! I don't think u have to be funny all time.. I still enjoy everything you post! wanna hear (read) something funny! The other day I was at Ulta on Richmond.. and there was this chick grabbing a crap load of nail polish.. & i thought to myself I wonder if this is Laura hahaha I was going to go up to her and say "are you Laura, from Laura's Lacquers" she would had probably freaked out and ran away from the maniac!!! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stamping! Your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in a rut, too :D It's okay, it happens. I decided I'd just go with it, and I've also been asking for inspiration via Twitter and the blog. People have some great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so good with the stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Anna: Girl please, I totally read that post. It was awesome. And yes, my nails would make some sexy drapes.

    @Nail Designs xox: That's a good point! I didn't even think of that. :)

    @Fingers: Sometimes I get worried and I'm like "OMG I should stop ranting, I'm boring people!" so then I just end it. But I think my rhythm is coming back.

    @Polish Amor: LOL! I actually went to Ulta on Saturday, and I was hemming and hawing over the ChG holiday collex but I only ended up getting two Essies since ChG is cheaper at Sally's. So it probably wasn't me! Good thing you didn't ask her!

    @Larie: This is true! I should use my Twitter, it's just sitting sad and neglected...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is in my untrieds still despite I did a swipe of it on a sheet of white paper - never really looks right as it sinks into the paper pores. I had not realized it had this much orange to the red...maybe I will take this one with me to change out to during my long stint away from home for surgery and recovery in the area range the hospital makes me stay in. I can only take 2 bottles of polish with me - and chances are I won't really care about even painting my toes or what's on them for a good 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**