Twilight Sparkle

7:47 PM Laura 9 Comments

The title will make sense later. For now just focus on the polish.

Essence Forget Me Not

I had been wanting this for a while and on my birthday I finally caved. But then I had it at home and I just wasn't feeling it anymore. I hate it when that happens. But I figured I needed to try it anyway, it's ridiculous to just have an unused polish lying around. And after I put it on... guess what?

I LOVED IT! in the shaaade

shade (the sun literally went away RIGHT after I walked outside :|)

Inside

Inside

WTF is this. Oh... I think I white-balanced... this color was hard to capture right.

White balanced again

And this is under the lamp, also white balanced I think.

I had trouble getting it to show up accurately. It was always either too blue or too purple but it's really smack dab in the middle of them, I think. There's some hidden shimmer in the bottle but it's completely invisible on the nail. Honestly though, it doesn't bother me a bit 'cause it's gorgeous. Two coats of luscious love.

There has been some My Little Pony craze going around on MUA lately. (are you sick of me talking about MUA? Well get over it) I took a MLP quiz to see which one I was and I got Twilight Sparkle.

I have no idea what this means. 

Anyway, the mani was feeling a bit boring so I decided to spice it up with a glitter gradient using CG Amethyst Mist.


Sunnn

And it's the perfect manicure to match Twilight Sparkle, my pony soul sister! Crazy coincidence! It is super awesome. I've never really cared about Amethyst Mist before but I love this. It's a very sheer jelly purple with some smaller blue/purple glitter and bigger opalescent hex glitter. As you can see, it is the perfect gradient glitter. This was super easy. I just painted the first coat 2/3rds of the way down my nail, and then the next coat slightly less, and one last coat that was just the top 1/3rd. So awesome.

So, if you were a My Little Pony, what would your nails (hoofs) look like?

9 comments:

  1. This is really pretty. I really like the glitter gradient. I would have never thought of that. I'm going to have to try it now. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Better with the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That polish is pretty. I wish I lived closer to an Ulta so that I could troll the Essence shelves.

    Hmmm... On my hooves would definitely be blue. And holo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Brittany, Jen, and Ericka: You're very welcome! Glitter gradients are awesome and ridiculously easy.

    @Vintage: Isn't everything better with glitter?

    @Ice Queen: My Ulta sucks about Essence. They never keep it stocked. I have been hoping to get Where Is The Party forever and they never have it. Fail, Ulta, fail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why the hell would anyone want to know which my little pony you are? Now that you know- is your life better in some way? That's just beyond weird to me! Sorry to be the voice of disdain- however the polish is pretty! Don't be mad at me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shade is gorgeous! I totally want a polish like this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty polish! Love the glitter gradient you added!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Fingers: Lolol. I like doing random quizzes, they're fun. And come on, look at that face. MLPs are adorable!

    @Sandra: You can buy it at Ulta, probably! If your Ulta is lazy like mine and doesn't change out collections even though they are a billion years old.

    @Olivia: Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha you're totally Twilight Sparkle!
    This is really pretty. Your nails, that is
    cB

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**