OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It

7:45 PM Laura 14 Comments

What up my home skizzles? I'm sorry that I have been in a funk for... well, quite a while. Last week I was sick and exhausted because of my annoyingly busy week before, so that's why I haven't been funny/entertaining/possibly annoying the heck out of you for the past two weeks. Hopefully my mojo will come back, but sometimes it's hard to think of things to say. There are only so many polish jokes one can make, ya know? Unless we're talking about Polish jokes, but I don't want to offend anyone.

Anyway, today I have my second Muppet polish, OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It. I am still undecided as to whether this name makes me want to hit myself in a good or bad way, but let's just take a look, shall we?

sun

shade

sun

shade

inside

lamp

This is 1 coat of Gettin' Miss Piggy With It over two coats of Meep-Meep-Meep which I showed you yesterday. GMPWI (actually that's not too much easier to say, is it?) is full of small and large red hex glitter, and also large silver hex glitter. It is super sparkly and blingy and definitely appropriate for Miss Piggy. 

The formula was good, the glitter is pretty dense and evenly dispersed. Sometimes I had to move around the silver hex glitter so that it would look more even, but other than that I had no problems.

I really like it because I L-O-V-E sparkles, but I tend to avoid wearing glitters because of removal. Yes, the foil method makes it a lot easier, but it takes more time and I have to sit there for ten minutes letting it all soak off while I can't do anything with my hands because I just have to scrabble around like a declawed cat, and also the acetone makes my fingertips REALLY COLD and all pruney when I take the foil off. And if I wrap the foil tight enough then I can feel my pulse in my fingertips. It's a weird sensation.

Anywho, you have now received your daily dose of Laura. I know I've been more boring lately. I'm sorry! It gets hard to write witty and interesting posts every day, which is why I'll probably miss a day or two here and there. 

Is there anything I can do to make it better? I've noticed that I'm getting a lot less comments lately, which must mean I'm doing something wrong, lol. Should I do more nail art? Actually, I can answer that myself. Yes, I should. It's just that I hate stamping because it takes forever and I don't have enough time to do intricate handpainted stuff, which leaves dots and strips and geometric stuff, which gets boring. I should use all the ideas that Naomi gave me. She had a ton, it's great! I promise promise promise I'll work on some nail art to show you guys!

Would you like to see more frankens? Tutorials? Ask and you shall receive, my pretties!

14 comments:

  1. I love the hex glitters! :) Yesss more frankens please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha me too. Have you tried putting a thick layer of polish over the glitter then let it sit for a a bit and while still tacky remove it. Worked for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your regular posts with your zany wit included. But more nail art would be fun ;)
    And what's up with these Muppet Will Smith references? Fresh prince of bel air, and gettin jiggy with it? Is he in the movie or something? Lol, OPI I see a trend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like a Miss Piggy polish should be pink. Am I the only one who thinks so? :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frankens are always awesome to see! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this collection! You would think piggy would be pink! I'm with you on that Larie! I like the different takes on the nail world! But I think you should do what you love the best if that nail art, tutorials or whatever that's what you should do more of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been getting lazy with my commenting on all blogs lately. Has nothing to do with you my awesomesauceness! And yes it is really hard to be witty all e time! I will try to get back my comment mojo. And you do plain switched if that's what you want to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whaaa? I always comment.

    Ok this is the first GMPWI swatch I've seen that makes me regret not getting with it, I mean not getting it ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great...good reuse of a previous day mani :-P... I HATE HATE removing glitter, I finally did the foil method the other day on one hand only and it worked pretty well I didnt do pure acetone either and only left it for a few minutes.. it thought it looked funny as hell though foil tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Vintage and ScarsLikeLace: I'm working on a collection, maybe I'll give you guys a sneak peek!

    @Courtney: That's a good idea! I'll have to try it.

    @Larie: There's actually another one named for Miss Piggy, called Excuse Moi! And it's a pink base filled with tons of multicolored glitter. I hate it, but that's just me.

    @Nail Reflections: That's true, you can tell when people are doing something they don't want to do and it's not enjoyable to read. I think I'm getting my feel for things back!

    @Fingers: Aw thanks! I'm feeling better about things now, not as self-pitying anymore!

    @Alexandrarc: Yes, you do always comment, and I really appreciate it! I know how long it can take to comment on blogs regularly, so it's really great that you do. :)

    @Polish Amor: LOL yes I hate it! It's so annoying to remove glitter, it sucks that glitter is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are much braver than I doing full mani of this chunky glitter. Looks nice but I know how hard this was to get off! I am doing stripes on my tips of glitter now to seal for tip wear, still get some bling but not have to rub for an hr to get the glitter off.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**