OPI Gargantuan Green Grape (Matte)

7:49 PM Laura 11 Comments

Good evening and happy Monday! I am now at 60 followers, yay! Each new follower I get is really great. Hopefully we'll get up to 100 sooner rather than later. I could always make it 75, but that just seems... premature. 100 is just a very nice number. In fact, I think I'll do 101. Yes, when I reach 101 followers I'll have a contest/giveaway of some sort. Sound like a deal? I hope so.

Today I have something that I probably wouldn't have gotten if it hadn't been on clearance, because I'm not a huge fan of greens.

OPI Gargantuan Green Grape - Matte. 
Yes, I taped down the matte sticker because it wasn't lying flat and it annoyed me. 

Sun

Shade

Inside

Lamp

This is two coats, and you can see the boo-boos I made on my index and middle fingers. Le sigh. The formula was okay but not great, and as with most mattes dry time was pretty fast. But! A word of caution: even when it is first dry to the touch, it's not dry all the way through. I learned this the hard way and had to redo one nail. *glares at GGG*

It's pretty cool. I really like it. It's just... mellow. It's not really a bright green, it's just sorta... there. It's interesting. I'm intrigued. I don't even know what to say about it. I like it. Yeah.

Maybe you have something to say about it for me? Thoughts?

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on 60!

    I'm so jealous you have this nail polish, I've been wanting it for AGES!

    Hate the smell of most polishes though lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really pretty color, I love that types of greens. :)

    Also, congratulations on 60 followers, I'm sure you'll hit 101 in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the original formulation on GGG. I love the color, but it takes some building up. I don't think I'll ever get the matte version, just because I could always use a matte topcoat to get this look. Glad you were able to find it clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vintage: Thank you! I could always send it to you. :) And I wear a surgical mask when I play with my polish. No, I really do, lol. I think it helps some.

    @Sandra: Thank you! It is a nice green, isn't it?

    @Pixie Polish: Something about clearance finds makes them even better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Triple G! What a strange name. It's a pretty color, but mattes make me nervous :/

    Also, I tagged you for an award! Please don't feel obligated to do it, but I figured I should let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is quite a mouthful. I know what you mean, mattes are chippier than normal polish and you have to be really quick with application, but I like them! And thank you for the award! I will definitely do it, lol. I love awards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, seeing your comment about the surgical mask ... wonder if I could get my husband to try one--he hates the smell of polish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh oh! I love it matte, even better than the "normal version" of it!
    love your blog ;D kkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy. I'm not a nail artist but I think I have a major matte fetish. As far as greens go - which is not very far - this is a good green, brochacho!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the color, but I'm not a fan of matte finishes. I keep trying to like them, but my reaction is always the same....

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**