a-england Lady of the Lake

5:05 PM Laura 12 Comments

Sometimes, when you see a polish (or polishes), you just know that you're fated to be together. Well, that's what happened with me and every single a-england polish. However, due to the fact that I don't exactly have enough money to buy the entire line, I had to choose the ones I liked best. It was kind of a no-brainer to go for Lady of the Lake and Tristam. Today you'll be witnessing the former.

Ah, the Lady of the Lake. Isn't she beautiful? I really love the bottles, especially the logo.

First of all, all a-england polishes are named after characters from Arthurian legend. I'm really into myths and legends and all that kind of stuff (I love history. I know, most people hate it but I think it's fascinating) so I did some extensive google-searching (read: five minutes of google-searching) and found you this source, in case you're nerdy like me and want to read about the actual Lady of the Lake.

Anywho, onto the polish.

Click on the picture. Just do it. Are you not drooling over the holo-ness?

Here she is in the shade. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: Okay, Laura, it's nice. But it doesn't look very special. Where's the holo? Are you lying to me?

To that I say:

FEAST YOUR EYES ON THIS!

AND THIS!

AND THAT!

HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF CUTE LITTLE BUNNIES.

HOLO

MORE HOLO (you should be clicking on all these holo pictures)

Aaand no holo. Inside. Boo.

Under a lamp, boo.

But lo! I walk into the kitchen and I see -- HOLO! (sorry it's blurry, I couldn't focus for the life of me)

This is one -- ONE -- stunning, beautiful, perfect coat of Lady of the Lake. She's smooth and dreamy to apply, she dries fairly quickly, and she's absolutely gorgeous. The holo affect is scattered and more subtle than that of Nfu-Oh and Gosh, but I think it's fitting for a legendary enchantress.

What a beauty! For my first experience with the brand, I am more than delighted. I even got a fancy package that said "Royal Mail." (Yes, I am saving it.)

I think you might have guessed by now that I am totally in love with this brand. I LOVE the bottle, I LOVE the color, I LOVE the names, and I LOVE the application. Seriously, what's not to LOVE?

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Lady of the Lake is stunning polish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, so jealous! I totally wanted to order this when they were having the free shipping promo, but I exercised some self-restraint (pfft, some time for that, right? :P) and didn't. And now I'm so sad, because it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY SWEET MOTHER OF CUTE LITTLE BUNNIES. haha :)

    I love bunnies! & I love this polish, the gorgeousness is not measurable !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color. I almost bought it last week, but I chickened out at the last second. I'm definitely rethinking my decision. Its just so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kristy: It is really a gem.

    @Larie: If you ever have the chance to get it again, you should do it! Self restraint always kicks in at the worst times, haha.

    @Vintage: Yes! I love everything!

    @Brittany, Jen, and Ericka: You should do it! It's really amazing the way it lights up in the sun.

    @devorelebeaumonstre: Me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this shade is gorgeous, can't believe it's achieved with only one coat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this polish! it suits you perfectly well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @The Cat Hag: Yes! Somehow every nail polish is better if it only takes one coat.

    @Nailderella: Why thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I think purple needs to go onto the list of Colors That Look Good on Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so jealous.... I want, I want, I want!

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**