I Lily Love to Play the Peonies

8:35 PM Laura 6 Comments

Hello, gals! Today I've got for you OPI Play the Peonies. I got the mini Nice Stems collection, and the bottle was super tiny and hard to get a comfortable hold on, lol. I also forgot to take a picture of this one... I think there was a streak of a few polishes that I totally forgot to take bottle shots for. Anyway, here is me awkwardly trying to hold onto the mini bottle.



These are both inside. It's a pretty pearly slightly pink color. Kind of like an oyster mated with a flamingo. This would be their baby. Actually, I think if it was half-flamingo it would be pinker. So maybe it's the offspring of an oyster and a half-oyster half-flamingo. So it's only a quarter flamingo. Whatever, I like it. The formula was okay, application probably would have been easier if I had a normal-sized brush to work with. I did two coats, I know it looks like it could use a third but as I was going to layer I Lily Love You on top, I didn't want to waste my precious mini bottle.

Inside

Outside

Outside

This is one coat of I Lily Love You. I would have liked to do two, but again, I don't want to waste my wee little baby! It's really interesting. It has some odd shaped glitter, and then some sort of flakies, and some of them are bluish, some of them are pinkish, and some of them are yellowish. They change depending on the light, though. And as you can see they're suspended in a pink-tinged base, so it made Play the Peonies appear slightly darker. Overall I liked the effect. I've heard that it's really cool over darker colors, so I'll have to try that. I wish I could get my hands on a full size bottle, but I went to Ulta yesterday and they had already dismantled the Nice Stems display. :( 

Do you lily love this polish?

6 comments:

  1. It's so delicate and flirty looking! Beautiful. What would be the name of the half breed you suggest??? Flamoyster? Oystamingo? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Leslie: Haha, those are hilarious! I prefer flamoystamingo myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is interesting! It's like a mix of different glitter types.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, loving your color description. :D
    It looks great, so girly and pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Larie: Yeah, it's a little strange, but I like it.

    @Sandra: Heh. It is quite feminine, so it's good if you're in the mood for that type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can think of when I hear "lily" is Lily Potter! it looks lovely too bub. Reminds me if cotton candy.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**