Borghese Not So Stellare Notte

7:52 PM Laura 9 Comments

As soon as I saw the bottle of Borghese Stellare Notte I was smitten.

I mean look at it. It's like an oil spill in a bottle. It's got all those beautiful colors floating around in a dark base.
On the nail... not so much.

Natural light

Sun

Sun

Shade

Inside

Inside

Lamp

This is two coats. Yes, there is a blue/pink duochrome quality about the shimmer, but it's kind of weaksauce. The base is much too dark. It's very nice out in the sun, but unless you're going to be outdoors 24/7 I don't think this is worth it. The formula was nice, but I still can't help lamenting how beautiful it could have been! I mean just look!


*sigh* I really hate it when the beauty in the bottle does not translate to the nail. It's always disappointing. Looks like this one is going in the purge/swap/possibly eventual blogsale pile.
I know it's happened to you, so tell me about your biggest polish disappointment. I'd love to commiserate.

P.S. The poll ended, and seeing my Breakfast Club frankens was the overwhelming winner. I'm so glad you guys love me! So that's what we'll be seeing starting tomorrow. Yay!

9 comments:

  1. It is pretty, but I too was disappointed with this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks the best in the sunlight and in the bottle. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a pretty bottle though! I had the same thing happen with Ulta Jaded. So awesome in the bottle, not so awesome on the nail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually try layering polishes that disappoint on their own; maybe this one over a navy or dark green?

    I'm still annoyed about Chanel Riva and its streakiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kristy: I had really high hopes. :( So sad!

    @Sandra: Yes, it does. I really wish it looked that way on my hands!

    @Fingers: Ugh, I really hate it when this happens. But that's life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you can still see some purple shimmer on your naisl...but not much...but it's still really pretty!

    btw, I've left some awards for you on my blog at:
    http://nailderellanails.blogspot.com/2011/07/amazing-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. @KarenD: I'll have to try that before I chuck it for good. Riva would kill me too, I would hate to shell out the cash for a Chanel and then have it be streaky. :(

    @Nailderella: Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw hey what a letdown!! Well now you have some black nail polish... Do you already own some or am I being forgetful here?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually I wear this shade a lot and on color changes a lot from purple to gray to a greenish teal and it also does it in doors

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**