Essie Fair Game + Tag + Dragonfly!

7:30 PM Laura 11 Comments

So I tried out Essie Fair Game because it looked like a blueish silver, but it was more silver than blue, and I wasn't really feeling it, so I didn't take pictures of it until it was all gross. I've only got this one semi-decent one.

Inside

I'm pretty sure this is two coats. I don't even remember about the formula... which must have meant it was kind of middle-of-the-road.

As you can see, I've also started using Out the Door topcoat. I'd heard good things about it on MUA and wanted to try it. It does dry reasonably quickly, probably not as fast as the infamous Seche Vite, but it gets the job done and I don't want to try SV because a) many people have problems with shrinkage when they use it and b) it's not big 3 free. I will probably succumb to the hype eventually, but for now, I like Out The Door. It is almost completely solid within two minutes, rock hard after five. It's also very shiny. Although I'm pretty sure it made my polish actually chip faster, lol. But I've started wrapping my tips with it so hopefully that shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Anyway, I have one more tag that I need to get around to. I promise this is the last one! (for now at least, lol)

It's a Would You Rather tag, and I was tagged by All Things YK Hearts. Thank you YK!

Would you rather lose all of your mascaras, eye liners, lipsticks and lip glosses or lose all your palettes and eye shadows?
Well, this is an easy question considering I don't wear eyeshadow. Although I do use it for frankening... but let's just say this is purely from a what's-going-on-your-face perspective. I'd easily ditch shadow.

Would you rather chop off all your hair or never be able to cut it again?
Never cut my hair again. I do not have the bone structure for a pixie, lol. I love my long hair! *snuggles in hair* Just call me Rapunzel.

Would you rather have a coral cheek or a pink cheek?
Well, I don't wear blush either. Yay. But since my skintone is roughly that of the Pillsbury Doughby, I'm pretty sure coral would clash. So I say pink.

If you had £1000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes or make up?
I have no idea how many US dollars 1000 pounds are, but I'm sure it's a heck of a lot. Since I don't wear a lot of makeup (as you might have guessed) I would go for the clothes, no problemo.

Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner or eyeliner as lipstick?
Well... that sounds unpleasant. I guess if I could use a really dark purple lipstick I would use that at eyeliner. But if I'm going to be fair and say we're dealing with black eyeliner and red lipstick, I would rather go goth and have black lips rather than looking like a sleep deprived crackhead with red-rimmed eyes.

Would you rather only shop at MAC or Sephora?
Is this a trick question? Sephora! You can get so much more stuff there!

Would you rather use only one eye shadow colour or one lip colour the rest of your life?
I guess I could say that I would just not use eye shadow for the rest of my life... I don't even know how to apply eyeshadow. I've tried it but I just look dumb, eyeshadow seems really useless to me. So I'd rather just forgo it all together. 

Would you rather wear winter clothes in the summer or summer clothes in the winter?
I'm a delicate flower! You can't ask me to do that! Ugh... I guess since I live in Houston I would do summer clothes in the winter, even though I can't stand being cold, but the thought of sweating the day away for 3/4ths of the year... yeah I don't think so.

Would you rather have dark nails or bright nails all year round?
Bright bright bright. No question about it.

Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a pony tail or messy bun?
I am not a bun person. I do not do buns. I do, however, do ponytails.

Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again or never use lip gloss?
Lip gloss, GTFO. Nail polish, come to mama!

Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all or sharpie them in everyday?
Well, this is kind of a choice between the lesser of two evils. I guess I would have to stock up on sharpies!

Would you rather live without make up or nail polish?
I would ditch the makeup in a heartbeat. As long as you take care of your skin, I really don't think there's a reason for makeup. I see so many women, of all ages, wearing the most atrocious makeup, and I can't help thinking how pretty they might be if they just went au naturel. Not to mention I'm pretty sure I would go through some kind of withdrawal if I had to give up nail polish.

Phew! I won't be passing this on to anyone else, I'm exhausted. I have no one else to pass it onto, I've been having tags like crazy lately! I hope you enjoyed it, though. :)

As a bonus, here's some photos of a dragonfly I snapped a few days ago. He was a good little boy and posed for pictures.







Have a nice day!

11 comments:

  1. I was def under the impression that dragonfly was a nail polish color :)

    Grayish color is not my fav... but the dragonfly is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dragonfly was really strutting his stuff! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to buy this polish but ended buying another Essie Your Hut or Mine (completely different color, I know!)

    But I think Fair Game is really pretty and goes well with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love dragonflies-he's so cute-of course I don't really know-could be a girl fly right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Meg: I figured you would think that.

    @YK: Yes! He was a good little boy.

    @Nailderella: I got that too! I think I might have to give Fair Game another chance when I'm feeling it more.

    @Fingers: This is true, I don't know how to discern between dragonfly genders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, he was workin' it for the camera. :) Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dragonfly pictures. I don't know why, but dragonflies always remind me of helicopters. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @KarenD: It was so cool! I definitely see why people like photography.

    @Sandra: I agree! I think it's the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the color looks great on you, I tried out the door and it worked pretty well, I go back and forth between different top coats! I love the pics of the dragofly.. very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair is faaaaaabulous, darling! Oh yeah I'm catching up on all your posts so prepare for comment flowww

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**