Mauvelous

5:29 PM Laura 1 Comments

Cheerio, mates! Lovely day, eh? Did anybody pop on the telly to see the royal wedding? You bet your tea and crumpets I did! Not by choice, since I had to get up extra early anyway, but I figured I might as well watch it since I was up. Jolly good show, I think. Loved Kate's - ehrm, Catherine's - dress.

Anywho, after yesterday's orange-tastrophe, I was in the mood for something calmer, and I discovered this huge makeup kit that I got in a white elephant gift swap a few years ago. It came with four unnamed polishes, but the brand is The Color Workshop. Anybody heard of it?

The polish was quite lovely. I took many pictures. Be sure to click on the first and third ones to see the multicolored shimmer.

Outside

Outside

Outside

Inside

This is three coats of demure propriety. Appropriate for a princess, or a Duchess of Cambridge. Application wasn't problematic, but I couldn't get the exact right amount of polish I wanted on the brush. Just a personal preference, really. I did have some warty-looking bubbling on my left thumb, but all the other fingers were 100% bubble-free.

This was much more flattering on me than the orange, thank goodness. What's your best color? Are you insanely jealous of Kate Middleton right now? 

- Laura

P.S. I call Prince Harry.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I actually have a color like this. You should come over and I can dump some of my semi-crappy polishes on you. And this looks nice, and you can have Prince Harry.

    As long as he's not secretly Harry Potter. Because if that was the case I CALL HIM TOO.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**