KIDS, LET GO OF MY HANDS, THESE AREN'T EASTER EGGS!

12:19 PM Laura 5 Comments

Happy Easter! If you're not Christian, Happy Sunday!

First off, since my toes are ugly and I want to get them out of the way, here is I Vant to be A-Lone Star as promised:

Outside, two coats. I know, there's a weirdly large gap between my big toe and my second toe. So what. I wear flip flops a lot.

Ain't she a beauty? I love it. I'll do it on my hands later, they're much more photogenic. Now for my Easter nails! Yaaaay!

Outside

Inside. I don't know why the stupid camera insists on making every indoor picture look like I live in a dungeon. There are lights in my house, I swear.

From left to right, the base polishes I used are: 2 coats Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Blue Away, 3 coats Revlon in Minted, 3 coats Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Yellow Kitty, and 3 coats Orly in Angel Face. (On my thumb I used Revlon in Gum Drop but as it's smudged I didn't want to show you. Not to mention I forgot to take a picture of it. It's the same as all the others, don't worry, you're not missing anything). For the designs, I used acrylic paint since the nail polishes I used were too sheer.

Also, let me tell you how stupid I am. I washed my hands this morning and I noticed my designs melting off. I was like "WHYYYYY CRUEL WORLD" and then I saw that the bottles proudly proclaimed that the paint was "Washable off of most surfaces!" GOSH DANGIT WHY DOES THE UNIVERSE TAUNT ME SO? I had to redo most of it and then I slapped me some OPI topcoat on it (2 layers) so this sucker's not going anywhere. 

Also, I know it kind of looks like there's a bald spot on my middle finger, but there's actually really light blue dots there. They don't show up well at all, which is annoying, but overall I'm pretty happy with how these turned out.

Also, guess what I got for Easter (I bought them about a week ago but I'm teeechnically getting them today)? NAIL POLISH, OF COURSE! Two China Glazes, I'm super excited since I've never used the brand before, so I'll be wearing them within the next week.

Toodles, dearies!

- Laura

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR EASTER EGG NAILS. OMG. I LOVE THEM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!! soo pretty! :)

    Laura u better keep those for tomorrow!!! To show off! :o

    I really want to see them up close and personal and will be very sad if u kill them! :(

    So u better keep them....... or else the easter bunny will poop jelly beans on u!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter egg nails are so cute! And be nice to your toes--I don't think they're ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meg: There, you got to see them in real life. I hope you're happy :)

    @KarenD: Thank you! And I will try to be nicer to my feet -- we have a kind of love/hate relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**