OPI Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous

7:37 PM Laura 7 Comments

I just realized... I forgot to take a bottle shot. *sigh* Why oh why does this always happen to me? Oh well, I'll just go do it later. This is a mini bottle so it's super cute but only 3.75 mL. Ah well! Good things come in small packages.

EDIT: LOOK BOTTLE PICS GUYS OMG I DID IT YESSS.

Here's the two polishes I used.

And here's the comparison with a big OPI bottle. Yes, I had to flaunt my DS Reflection. But isn't that little one a cutie-patootie?

I got this one in a mini set of the Swiss collection on clearance at Ulta. Yes, I'm on a no-buy, but I've decided clearance doesn't count.

Ugh, I got horrible pictures of this, guys. I'm sorry! It's really very pretty.

Outside, shade

Outside, sun

Inside, window

I did one coat of Nina Ultra Pro in Smoke-N-Mirrors and then put one coat of Lucerne-tainly Look Marvelous over it, since the bottle is teeny and I don't want to waste it. I didn't take pictures of Smoke-N-Mirrors on its own since I was running all over the place looking for frankening supplies and nail polish storage, so I'll have to swatch it sometime later. I know my application isn't the best, I didn't get close enough to the cuticles because I was in a rush. But I did use my Nicole by OPI Quick Drying Drops and they're awesome! So glad I bought them.

And then... I was at JC Penney's and of course I wandered into Sephora and I saw the new Safari collection. I wasn't too tempted but Wild About Shimmer was absolutely BEAUTIFUL so I had to layer it over one of my hands.

Inside, window

Outside, sun

Outside, shade

So it doesn't look *that* much different, but it added a nice gold shimmer, and in the sun it appeared to be sort of multicolored. Go click on the picture!!!

Anyway, I bought some Wet n' Wild clear polishes (they only had two left, so that's all I got, boo!) at Leslie's suggestion to use for frankens, and my fabulous friend Anna gave me a bottle of clear polish that she doesn't like, so now I can make three more frankens! Whoop de whoop for me!

Also... I bought Revlon Royal at Target. IT WAS ON CLEARANCE, UGHHH. It was only $2.89! Come on, I think that's perfectly justified. After seeing so many pretty swatches of it, how was I supposed to resist???

As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Leave a comment, I don't bite! (unless it's a full moon)

7 comments:

  1. I like this, but I'm pretty sure it's close to something I already have... Idk what it is though. Thanks for the link out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I like the gold shimmer. Very pretty. I feel like you could have done a design with the first one though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's right you guys, I'm fabulous.

    And I really liked the gold when you put it on, but when I biggified one of the pictures, it looks weirdly gelatin-y and uneven. Huh.

    AND PUT MY SILVER TO GOOD USE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Leslie: No problemo! I love sharing the love haha.

    @Sonia: I was in a rushhh don't judge me.

    @Anna: It was not gelatin-y and uneven. Gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The gold on top does add a very nice touch! I've been trying to stay out of Sephora lately--too tempting.

    WnW Hallucinate makes a great base for glitter frankens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the pictures are quite good actually! Loving this shade :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @KarenD: Yesss, Sephora is like a minefield. But a sparkly, perfumed minefield. I'll be on the lookout for Hallucinate the next time I head over to Walgreens!

    @Vintage: Aw, shucks. You're too kind!

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**