Gemma 2.0

3:43 PM Laura 5 Comments

I was a little miffed by Gemma the first time around because the blue flash was reeeally subtle and barely visible, and she was kind of an unflattering olive color in some lights.

I was also let down by Dharma because she was suuuper sheer, even though she had a beautiful blue flash.

You can see where I'm going with this, right?

I seriously can't believe I didn't think of this earlier. I just needed to layer them! The universe knew what it was doing when it guided my hand on the Zoya website.

I forgot bottle shots. D'oh! I WILL edit these in later. *writes post-it note to self to take bottle shots later*

EDIT:
Look! I actually remembered! Zoya Dharma and Gemma.

Anywho, here is Gemma revamped:

Inside

Inside

Outside

Outside

Outside

Outside

Lamplight

The blue flash is MUCH more prominent and Dharma washed out Gemma a teensy bit, which I like. I'm very happy with this and I'm so glad this combo occurred to me! I did two coats of Gemma and one coat of Dharma.

Also, my brush on Gemma was wonky.

Before

After!

But some scissors took care of that. :)

I also bought some cuticle remover today. I've never used it before so I'm a teensy bit scared. It's this blue Sally Hansen gel stuff. So tomorrow I'll try that out. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, thank goodness I'm not the only one who wanted Gemma to be more...blue! Haha. I wanted to do this, too, but I don't have a blue-shimmer sheer polish. Your combo turned out so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh god, cuticle REMOVER? That sounds painful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Larie: Thanks! I'm glad I was able to find a way to make Gemma work, since I had such high hopes for her.

    @Anna: It just gets rid of the dead gross stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eee! I like this! Me gusta!
    It reminds me of ... kelp bubbles. It's shiny the way bubbles are. And it's green like kelp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You see things the weirdest ways, Sonia. It's cool.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**