At last...

6:38 PM Laura 1 Comments


OMG. You'll. Never. Guess.

I FINALLY HAVE SILVER SHATTER! AHHHHH! It was hiding in JC Penney's, of all places. But now it's MINE, ALL MINE, MUAHAHAHAHA.

*cough*
Shiiiny...

I wanted to do something really splendiferous to make take this silver shatter to the next level. I thought about doing the rainbow thing that so many people did with the black shatter, but I didn't think I could fit that many stripes on my nails, so I decided to do an ombre blue effect, since I love blue and I thought it'd look good with the silver.

From lightest to darkest: Pure Ice - A List, Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Blue Away, NYC - 204A, and Milani - Bolting Blue. I wasn't too worried about perfect lines since I was just going to put silver shatter on it anyway, but the Pure Ice section ended up too big. Mnrgh.

KAPOW!

WOOSH!

ZAP!

SHABLAM!

RUBBA-DUBBA!

SHOOBA-DOO!

aaand bada-bing, bada-boom.

This stuff is so amazing. I love it. So much. I wasn't sure how I felt about the blue stuff, it looked like it transitioned too sharply, but the more I looked at it the better it got. I painted the shatter on thin so that I would get better cracks, but I'll be experimenting with it more later this week. The formula was pretty nice, I think. I liked it better than the China Glaze Lightning Bolt formula, which is the only other crackle/shatter I've tried. 

It really doesn't matter. Just look at these pictures. Come on. There's no argument you could possibly have against this. It wins, every time.

I am going to marry this polish and have beautiful shiny silver crackly babies. Are you as in love with this as I am?

1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous. I love the transitioning blue layer you did underneath ; it really adds interest to your FINGARRRSSS.
    <3 faaabulous darling brosef.

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**