Failure is the mother of success

7:43 PM Laura 1 Comments

I saw that quote somewhere today, but I can't remember for the life of me where. However, it applied to today's mani, so I slapped it on here.

I was having a little bit of polisher's block, I must admit. I was looking at all my precious babies and couldn't seem to strike the right combination. I initially thought I was going to paint my nails green and then stamp pink flowers on top. However... I um... *cough* totally failed at Konading *cough* What? Did you say something? Must have been the wind...

Anywho, that didn't pan out, but I did take pictures of the Orly before I scrapped that idea.

2 coats, grody lamplight, woo.

Anyway, I had no idea what to do, and then, I remembered... this gorgeous design from The Polished Perfectionist.

So I started with Sally Hansen Salon Professionals in Pat on the Black

I remembered the bottle shot! Yay!

I only did one coat because I wanted it to look more purple burgundy (plurgundy?) than black.

Then, using a makeup sponge, and splopped Zoya Faye on the tips, just like AmyGrace. I'd never done any sort of sponging before, so I was a little nervous, but it turns out it's really not that hard, and I was very happy with the results.

Outside

I tried out a new pose, what do you think?

Inside, fluorescent light.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with how this turned out! This is why I love nail bloggers, they're so inspirational!

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Oooohh, this is really pretty. I like the sparkles; they look like falling stars... :D

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**