I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...

7:45 PM Laura 0 Comments

And sadly, a dream it will remain. No chance of snow down here in Houston, sadly. We did have actually for realz snow two years ago, but I doubt it will happen again any time soon.

Anyway, to drown my sorrows of living in a snow-less land, I decided to do a snowy manicure. I started with two coats of Love & Beauty Royal



I scrounged this one out of the polish bins at Forever 21 (who is trying to look all shwanky with their new logo, XXI, like Roman numerals makes them more sophisticated. Psh.) pretty much unscathed, although the other two I grabbed I had to wipe down with acetone. Anyway, it is super pretty, it's got a murky teal base full of duochrome glitter flecks that turn from blue to purple. It's pretty awesome, but since I was pining for snow I decided to stamp over it.







Okay, in all honesty, when I first saw this stamp I thought it was a wheel. You know, like a ship's steering wheel. Is there a certain name for that? I'm pretty sure it's not called a "steering wheel," it must be something more classy. Anyway, after seeing other people use the stamp on the interwebz I realized it was a snowflake. Oops, my bad. After I stamped the snowflakes on, I slapped on a layer of Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamonds because really, what does glitter not improve? (hint: NOTHING)

I like how this one turned out, it's pretty. It's not WOW but I'm saving that for Christmas day, so hold on to your tacky sweaters, kiddos.

Are you going to have a white Christmas? If so, please take pictures so I can live vicariously through you.

P.S. It still looks like a ship's wheel to me...

0 comments:

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**