Frosty the Snowman

7:45 PM Laura 0 Comments

I have decided that I have really been dropping the ball on holiday manis. So I hereby declare that I will be doing seasonal nail art until the ball drops (on New Year's! LOL, GET IT!?) 

So for today's mani, we start with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Diamonds over Wet n Wild Black Creme. Diamonds is super awesome, btw. You should click on some of these pics.





Then I did some sloppy tips with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Whirlwind White and drew the snow and snowman with a white Kiss nail art pen. I did the details on the snowman with a black Kiss nail art pen. (Thanks for saving me from Sharpies, Leslie!)









I'm so happy with how this turned out! I love the sparkles in the background, and I put another coat of Diamonds over the snow to make it look twinkly as well. Ah, snow... I know you northerners think I'm crazy for saying this but I wish I lived somewhere that it snowed. I feel like I've missed out on so many childhood experiences by not having snow! I've never made a snowman in my life. :( So this is my first!

I can't wait to do more Christmas nail art... I've seen so many festive manis around lately and I am just bursting with ideas! Ah, I love the holidays! Although I really haven't been feeling much in the spirit lately. I need to play more Christmas music and watch Christmas movies!

I'll tell you a secret... even though the rest of my family loves A Christmas Story, I hate it. I truly can't stand that movie, lol. I'm not sure why I dislike it so much. I hate it when he gets his tongue stuck to the pole, and I hate it when his little brother eats like a piggie and his mom thinks it's adorable. Blech. I guess I just like Christmas movies to be happy and traditional, so I hate that movie.

However, every year we watch Martha Stewart's Christmas Special, which is from... well, quite a while ago. Before she went to jail, lol. And we watch Arthur's Christmas too... You know, Arthur, that show on PBS? We've had that one on tape for a while, we even have the tape for the music from it. I love it. It's so adorable!

What are some of your holiday traditions? Do you hate A Christmas Story, or am I alone?

0 comments:

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**