Go Texans!

7:45 PM Laura 0 Comments

I don't know if you know this (here I go again) but I LOVE football. It's so much fun to watch. I could literally watch football 24/7 and never get bored, it doesn't even have to be teams I know. But I am an ardent fan of my dear Houston Texans and the New Orleans Saints. I hope they never ever play each other, or else I'm pretty sure my heart would rip in two.

Anywho, yesterday was possibly the awesomest game ever for the Texans. I'm not sure if you're up-to-date or even really care about football drama, but I'll fill you in anyway. Our regular quarterback, Matt Schaub, got injured, so he was replaced by Matt Leinart. Leinart was in for less than one game when he got sacked and his collarbone is broken and he's out for the season. So, because there were no quarterbacks named Matt left, we must turn to TJ Yates. 

Now, nobody had any expectations of this kid. A third string quarterback winning the game? Fo realz? But they did it. TJ was freaking awesome and I am as goshdarn proud of him as I'm sure his parents are! Of course the rest of our team was amazing as usual, the defense was fantastic and Arian Foster was running like a BEAST (in the best way possible). I just wanna give 'em all a big ole hug.

All right, enough of me waxing poetic about one of the greatest teams ever. Here is the mani I did in honor of the Texans.

(hey look, I figured out how to make the pictures bigger!









This is what I did on my right hand.

For the base I did OPI Roadhouse Blues (which luckily happens to be the perfect Texans blue). On my thumb (not pictured cause it's boring) I wrote "#1" because if it's not pretty obvious by now WE ARE NUMBER ONE. On my index finger I wrote "Yates" because he deserves major credz. I also did his number, 13, on my ring finger. I thought it was pretty ironically awesome that he was lucky thirteen.


On my middle finger, I had to do the Texans logo (duh) and I just did pretty much the same design on my pinky as on my left hand. I used Essie One Of A Kind for all the red.

For all the white stuff, I used the other Kiss Nail Art Pen that the ever-wonderful Leslie sent me along with a black one. I am gonna have to get me one of these in every color under the sun because they are freaking awesome. I need a gold one to do a Saints manicure! I found that with the white one, you do have to go over the design 2-3 times to make it opaque and you need a topcoat to prevent it rubbing off, and it weirdly cracked after I put the topcoat on but it wasn't very noticeable and I don't think it affected the overall look of the design. It was so easy to use, so it's all worth it.

Anyway, this reminds me why I love freehanding so much! It was a lot of fun to do and I'm so happy with how it turned out. I'm actually going to voluntarily wear this more than one day! I might be totally sick of it tomorrow but you never know.

Anyway, I'd like to conclude what has been a rather long post by saying HECK YEAH, TEXANS.

0 comments:

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**