About Me, and a Lesson in Internet Safety

6:48 PM Laura 7 Comments

Welcome! I'm not sure how you ended up here or what you were actually looking for, but now that you've found me you might as well stay for a while.

I have been obsessively checking nail blogs for a while now, and I always thought it would be so cool to have my own. And so I made one. It didn't take that long and now I'm not really sure what to do with it, except plow ahead! Now, if you have any advice on blogging, I would definitely appreciate it since I don't know how to get people to read this.

Obviously, I love nail polish, hence the blog. I actually quite strongly dislike the term "lacquer." It's a really pretentious name for nail polish. I mean, really, nail lacquers, get over yourself. But since it happened to make a pretty nifty alliteration effect with my name, I figured it was catchy. I certainly hope it is!

Anyway, I aim to bring you every single ounce of polish that I put on my nails for as long as I am functioning and able to update this blog.

How about five random facts about me? Okay, here we go!

1. I don't like ham. (I hope that doesn't cost me your readership)

2. I do like bacon. (maybe you'll forgive me for the previous fact? :)

3. I wish I had red hair (I'm blond)

4. I'm not sure if you spell blond with or without an E on the end.

5. I'm really helpless and scared of the blogging world! HELP ME!

Anyway. That's pretty much all, I think.

Oh right! I almost forgot!

A LESSON IN INTERNET SAFETY.

I am nothing if not internet safe. Well, technically that's not true. If I wasn't internet safe, I wouldn't be nothing, I would be internet unsafe. But I digress. You know that my name is Laura, I live in Houston, Texas (yee-haw), I don't like ham (but do like bacon), and I love nail polish. I am also a student of indeterminate age. I could be anywhere from 5 - 30. You'll never know. Muahahahaha!

But yeah. Just thought I'd let you know that I'm afraid of internet stalkers! (you better hide yo wife, hide yo kids, hide yo husband... you get the idea ;)

Aaaaaand I think that's it. I feel so exhilarated! This is kind of what my feelings would look like, if they had a face:



That's from www.myfacewhen.com, BTW. Just FYI. Great site IMHO.

Okay, I'm done now.

I should probably just end this thing...

Please come back!

- Laura

please... come back...

7 comments:

  1. OHMYGOD WOODY FACE I LOVE YOU LAURACAKES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura! I will become your first official fan! I'll even bookmark your page and visit every day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so hot. It's like, crazy how hot you are. Houstonian students of undeterminate age? That's like, a level four billion earthquake if hotness made earthquakes. Which, I think, hotness should. All right, signing off.

    -Your hotness companion

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTABULASOME!!! I am now another official fan! :D
    Laura, you are amazingly funny and wonderful at nails!
    P.S. Start a buiness painting nails, because people like me (who can barely paint their entire fingertip) would be customers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried making a blog, but I never post. I might use it someday though. YOU HAVE THE BEST NAILS EVER. Just saying. I'm sure it'll be really popular, but here.

    http://hubpages.com/hub/Blogging-Tips---How-To-Make-Your-Blog-Popular

    and especially

    http://fashionablymarketing.me/2010/04/blogging-advice-how-to-create-fashion-style-blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone! If I ever become fantastically famous you all get free autographs that you are allowed to sell for ridiculous amounts of money :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**