The Golden Apple

7:45 PM Laura 14 Comments

**Go enter the awesome contest/giveawaaaay! It's awesome! And free stuff! So dooo eeet!**

So I don't know if any of you know anything about Greek mythology, but I personally love it and this was the perfect title for today's post.

Because today's manicure features Zoya Apple.

shade

sun

sun (cliiiick!)

sun

shade

2 coats. Isn't she gorgeous? I know she's kinda VNL-y in the sun but I don't mind. The gold shimmer is ridiculously gorgeous. Before I was obsessed with nail polish, I thought green was a bad polish color. Don't ask me why, I just didn't like it. But I have discovered a deep love for green polish! It's actually fantastic. Especially Apple. She is full of gorgeous gold shimmer that lights up in the sun.

The formula was nice, and though she is lovely by herself, the VNL was bothering me and I thought that gold tips would be a lovely complement.

sun

sun

fluorescent light

fluorescent light

sun

Me trying to hand model... it looks better full size.

Juuust playin around. I think it would work better if I had someone else take the pictures. Lol.

And my elusive right hand, in the sun.

Ahh this was so pretty! Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I think those tips are pretty darn good for being freehanded. I used Milani Gold Lame (that's la-may, not lame) for the tips and it's sooo sparkleh in the sun. Mmm. That's good stuff.

14 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the green! The tips remind me of a caramel apple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to buy Apple, but I can't remember why I didn't. :P It's so pretty! I love the gold tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you with your funky frenchness!! Love these two colors together-i like saying lame not lamay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this green. I was actually just debating whether or no to get it because I didn't like it originally, but your swatches changed my mind =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gorgeous. And I totally love Greek mythology, it's so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo gorgeous! And I love the gold tips you added!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this lovely for free from Zoya when they had a special offer of buy their entire $48 Color Lock System and pick one of their 2 - 6 bottle summer 2011 collections to be sent for free. 6 bottles for free and I had wanted to try the Color Lock System - what a deal...so then I had to decide which of the 2 summer collections and ended up picking Sunshine which this is from. Not a dog in the 6 bottle collection - and it has the infamous Faye in that collection as well too. My fav in the set is Kimmy - a great orange red - and every one in this collection has this same level of shimmer in it as does Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Polish and Charms: That's a good description of it!

    @Larie: It's very pretty! If you see it grab it!

    @Fingers: I'm trying to work my way up into srs bsns nail art.

    @Emily: It's lovely! I really like this one.

    @beachgal: I was totally tempted by that but I stayed strong! I have Faye too, but I don't like her as much as Apple.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow normally I actually don't like greens, this is nice!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!! I always seem to say , I am buying a Zoya today when I am shopping but have never picked one up... :( Maybe one day I will buy apple! Hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have two things to say, 1. GO YOU! I hate when people blog link drop it's annoying, it makes me feel like they didn't even read what I had to say, so good for you that you said something about it! 2 SO I'm not the biggest fan of green, whether if it's nail polish or a shirt. I just really don't like it. But I think this green may be the exception to the I don't like green in me. I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This shade is beautiful, too! I have Irene, it is mossy green with golden undertones, and it's really lovely, too! :) Zoya polishes are amazing, only one that I don't like that much is Goldie :/

    And I love Greek mythology since I was a small child :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I happened upon your blog today, and this post totally made me follow you! I've been on the fence for quite some time about this color, but you made it look amazing with that funky french thing you've got going. I'm new to the blogging world, and have become a nail polish addict... I'm looking forward to continuing to read your posts.. :)

    ps. how did you get your french tips to be so amazing?! I still struggle with that... but it could be because I'm still a newb.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Desiree: Aw, thank you! I should probably do a tutorial on that. You just kinda hold your hand steady and go across the tip of your nail with the brush sideways... I'll try to figure out how to explain it better and get back to you!

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**