Essie Your Hut or Mine

8:35 PM Laura 10 Comments

Essie, you cheeky little thing! *Tsk tsk* Though I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like the name.

Your Hut or Mine

sun

sun

sun

shade

shade

inside

lamp

Okay so ignore the grody last picture. That is not color accurate at all. *Whacks camera* It looks kind of mauvey pink in the bottle, but on the nail it is blessedly less mauve and more peachy/coral/melon/pink. Yeah. Sorta like that. It's also got some very nice shimmaaah. This is two coats.

The formula was good, as with most Essies. This is a near dupe for OPI My Address Is Hollywood except it has more shimmer. You can see the comparison here at The PolishAholic.

I really like this one! Do you like this saucily named firecracker? 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love coral colors like this one. And by all means, if a picture sucks then DELETE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry my dear but I don't give a damn about pink! I love Essie polish however and the name is funny and your nails look better in these pictures! Is that enough positive to outweigh the negative?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one...and thank goodness for the shimmer in it. I feel thats what makes it different and not... matronly

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sonia: Well I try to show it in different lights, just to give a more accurate idea of how it looks.

    @Fingers: Yes, it is!

    @Pixie Polish: I totally agree. I was so glad the shimmer was prominent.

    @Vintage: Yay! This one was quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the color! It kinda reminds me of the juicy watermelon one, just a little less BAM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one!!! I like that delicate shimmer that comes out in lights. I have been looking for a color like this :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wasn't going to buy this one but then saw some swatches and ended up getting it and really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Meg: How very eloquent of you!

    @Larie: It's very pretty! You should get it if you like it. :)

    @KarenD: Me too, swatches sometimes look so different than promo pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this one so much that despite I did read also that the new 'Hollywood' in the fall 2011 OPI collection is a near dup for it sans some of the shimmer - I still had to buy Hollywood to do my own test! I only do than when they are color hues that I know I will wear more than just a few times. I found I like this Essie better than the OPI 'Hollywood'

    ReplyDelete

Yay comments! Whenever you leave a comment, a triple rainbow happens.

**I don't like having to say this, but I must: Do not link drop! I don't care if you tell me you want to send me a million dollars, if you leave a link in your comment, I'm deleting it. I work hard for any and all traffic I get, and stealing it is a major no-no! Follow blogging etiquette, please.**